The Burpin Dragon ~ Samheen 19th ~ ET [Open to All]

Moderator: Mods

Tristam

The Burpin Dragon ~ Samheen 19th ~ ET [Open to All]

Post by Tristam »

The Burpin Dragon is a two floor friendly Inn for those travelers down on their luck. Run by an odd couple this Inn caters to the poor and kind of heart. Here a man or woman can get experienced advice, new jokes and a place to stay for a very low price. Bardic and rogueish people tend to frequent this Inn the most. Bards share their talents and compete in a friendly atmosphere, while rogues can feel safe and secure for a night.

The well decorated foyer contains a grumbling old dwarf behind a desk, a place to hang your coat, a few comfy seats to rest in while waiting to check in, and a few baked goods to sample while you're relaxing.

A stairway leads up to the second floor and a doorway leads into the Bar, where sounds of merry fun can be heard.
[size=100]
Donald heard a mermaid sing, Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known, I've had to make myself.

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Jayzen Du'Quild

Post by Jayzen Du'Quild »

Jayzen strolled into the Dragon in the early evening, feeling very proud of himself after a full day that had taken him all over the Citadel. After entering the Barroom, he swept some imagined dust off his sleek black cape.

He was wearing fresh clothes, in his usual brown and blacks. Sauntering in casually, he approached the bar. Addressing the bartender he ordered a glass of wine and the menu for tonights meal.

Post by Guest »

The same fellow that Jayzen had seen pickpocketed earlier happened to be sitting next to the only open seat at the bar. He appeared to be quite upset about something, as he was relating to the bartender and anyone else who cared to listen.

"What is the poor world coming to? When someone'd steal the lucky hooks from an old fisherman's pouch. I tell ya, there's just no respect for the elderly. And the guardsmen laughed when I tried to report it. Special make those were - real silver some of 'em. My experiments."
Jayzen Du'Quild

Jayzen chuckled and sat down at the bar, making his face a mask of charm and innocence he turned to the fisherman.

"Greetings old friend, someone stole your hooks did they? Dreadfull thieves, let me buy you a drink and you can tell me all about it." Jayzen motioned to the bartender to fill the old mans cup and prepared himself to listen intently to the old man's story.

Post by Guest »

"Bah! No story to tell. Just me own special inventions, hooks of me own design. No value to anyone but me, unless the spotty thief thinks e'll get my luck along with 'em. Picked from me very own belt pouch. Stickyfingers not smart enough to realize that nobody carries money in such a big, accessible pouch. Unless it was meant as some sorta prank. An' I'm not laughing."

"Thanks for the drink, whippersnapper. How's yer own day been?"
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

Corbin had not had occasion to leave the University since he had moved in there a couple of days ago, and now that he had the chance he realised that the only place that he could think of going was The Burpin' Dragon, the place that he had been to on his first day.

Feeling thoroughly starved of society Corbin had made an effort to look his best this evening, even though it was very unlikely that anyone of note would have the benefit of seeing him. He had applied his own special perfume - a perfume that had taken many years to perfect, but now was a wonderful smell, not too strong, but always present. He had carefully combed his hair, and he was wearing an expensive set of clothes. He carried his ornate sword at his side, nestled comfortably in the scabbard.

He walked into the inn with a straightback and his head held in the usual manner as he surveyed the room carefully. It was very unlikely that he would see anyone he knew, for if truth be told he had only carried on long conversations with Bregana and Becca. Becca was probably too young to appreciate a den such as this, and he fancied that it was not the sort of place that Bregana would find herself drawn too. Once he had finished his surveying he looked for a nice, empty table to sit at - preferably one that had a good view of the door and was positioned by the wall so that he could enjoy several drinks whilst examining the patrons of the bar. Of course it would be the female patrons that he would be most desirous to examine, after all he had been cooped up studying for the last two days.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

The bartender swiftly moved to refill Tom's tankard with dark beer and slides a pewter goblet of wine down to Jayzen. "Cook's got fish sizzling away in the pan tonight. There's some cold chicken from lunch if that doesn't strike your fancy.

Corbin

Finding an empty table isn't too difficult though he has to wind his way about to find it. It isn't long before the blond haired barmaid makes her way over to his table. "Welcome to the Dragon. What can I get you?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

Corbin managed to make his way through the crowd, doing his best nto to touch any of the unreasonably dirty people who were in his way. There was slumming it and then there was slumming it!

Having negotiated these obstacles he found an empty table, much to his liking, and settled himself down. It wasn't long before a blond haired lady came over to take his order. He ogled her the suitable amount to compliment her, before offering his order.

"A flagon of your finest ale." He announced with a hearty smile that he though suitable for the place. He idlely wondered whether or not there would be a brawl this evening. He understood that such things were not uncommon in the drinking dens of the less affluent. He was certain that he would not come off badly in such an event - no doubt there would be a number of people ready to leap to his defence, after all they would no doubt be able to tell that he was a man of quality and thus their superior and it would be only natural for them to aid him. Or at least that is what he had been taught to believe. It was probably be more likely that they would target him and have away with his purse, if they could. Ahhh, to be in the company of such rogues.
Jayzen Du'Quild

Jayzen asked the bartender for the fish and took a few deep sips of his ale, enjoying the malty flavour.

"My day's been great. I spent a large amount of time up at the palace, met myself a countess and found a few leads about my father." Jayzen started. "You see my father's been missing for about a year, and now I'm off to find him." he said determinedly.

"I've found a place to live and even perhaps a few work contacts." he sighed, reviewing his achievements. "Yes my friend, it's been a good day."

Jayzen leant over in his chair and offered his hand to the old man, "My name's Jayzen Du'Quild, pleased to meet you."
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Corbin Dillon

The blond nodded at his order. "Our finest for the big spender!" SHe confirned and weaved back into in the crowd.

The crowd was in good spirits that night. A pair of bards were playing rollicking folk tunes on a lute and fiddle and some impromptu dancing had sprung up around them.

A spirited knife throwing contest was going on the corner in between several men bragging and trading good natured jibes.

The barmaid showed up a few burns later with a pewter tankard of a dark beer. "There you go. New in town? I don't recall seeing you here before."
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

Corbin eyed the knife throwing contest with interest. Circus tricks were not, however, his forte and so watch was all he intended to do for the moment. The music from the bards was enjoyable and he found himself listening to the tales that they spun - no doubt it would not be too long before he would have his exploits sung of in drinking dens such as this - somehow there was something far more heroic about a noble who turned away from luxury to adventure, and he felt he would make a very good subject of such a tale. Bards had always fascinated him - especially the female ones. There was something about a lady who could tell a good story that excited him.

As the bar maid approached him again, he turned back to her and took the tankard of beer before sampling it. It was not a bad taste and so he counted himself lucky.

"Indeed, I arrived not 3 nights ago and the Dragon was my first call that night and it seemed a suitable place to return for an evening of entertainment." He said with as much charm as he could muster. He felt a certain excitement this evening, and found that he intended to be in sparkling form to all he met, be they rich or poor, common or royalty.
Prudence Combs

Post by Prudence Combs »

Prudence entered the inn with a seductive glance. Her long brown hair drooped down to her hips, while her tight silk dress pressed against her body. She slowly approached the bartender, still smiling about the possibility of beginning her dream, about becoming a master of mindcraft that night.

Post by Guest »

Jayzen
The old fisherman took Jayzen's hand and held it in an vise-like grip and leaned in close. The smell of lemon and mint were strong about him.
"Name's Tom. What might you be doin' up at the palace, pray tell? Did your father get lost in the Gardens there? Disappeared up some lady's skirts, did he?"
He gave a brief, half-hearted laugh and released the younger man's hand.

"Just jokin' about, boy. So. What sort of work do ye do?"
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Corbin

"Well you couldn't have picked a better spot in the city if I do say so myself." The barmaid smiled at him. "But why did it take you three days to find your way back? I can't imagine that you indulged so well that you have just now recovered." She winked at him.

Prudence

Prudence certainly earned her share of looks from the menfolk of the tavern. The ladies for their part either scowled at the competition or sighed wistfully at the beauty she bore. The barman greeted her with a wide smile. "Welcome to the Dragon lovely lady. What can I get you?"
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

Corbin winked at the girl.

"I am a resident at the University of Magick, and sadly my studies over the past 3 days have been rather intensive - thus I have been kept away. And I assure you, there has been no indulgences whatsoever." He said with an approximation of a sigh, though to be truthful he had fuond no need for any 'indulgences' - the learning of magic had been sufficient.

Casting a quick glance around the room he noticed a thoroughly attractive lady that had just walked in. He was obviously not the only one who had noticed her, as several necks craned to examine her - all with approving eyes. Corbin watched her for a moment, eager to see how she would take this attention.
Jayzen Du'Quild

As the old man leant close to Jayzen, he took the opportunity to gaze around the room. A new brunette had entered, walking with a predatorial strut towards the bar. Jayzen chuckled at the thought of all the brazen women he was meeting today. She had a mystic look in her eyes which Jayzen found both appealing and irritating at the same time. For good measure he winked and raised his glass towards the woman, but wasn't expecting anything further to eventuate.

Jayzen also noticed a rich looking student spending his coins with some abandon at at a nearby table. Now there's a fat pheasant if ever I did see one he thought. Shaking Tom's hand he excused himself and stood up, "I'm sorry Tom we'll have to do this some other time. I've got to speak to my friend."

Taking his goblet of wine with him Jayzen approached Corbin's table, Is that perfume I smell?, he wondered, wincing at the strong aroma issuing from the man's body.

With a hand flourish Jayzen bowed, "Greetings, 'tis too cold a night to be drinking alone. I'm Jayzen Du'Quild, pleased to meet you." he exclaimed, pulling up a chair and sitting himself down squarely.

"And what be you name sir?" he enquired.
Last edited by Jayzen Du'Quild on Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Tom snorted as the young man walked off, completely ignoring his conversation.
"Hmph. That apple certainly didn't fall far from the tree. Wonder if it'll get him killed too."
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Jayzen Du'Quild wrote:Taking his goblet of wine with him Jayzen approached Corbin's table, Is that perfume I smell?, he wondered, wincing at the strong aroma issuing from the man's body.

With a hand flourish Jayzen bowed, "Greetings, 'tis too cold a night to be drinking alone. I'm Jayzen Du'Quild, pleased to meet you." he exclaimed, pulling up a chair and sitting himself down squarely.

"And what be you name sir?" he enquired.

OOC: Corbin it is your table that Jayzen has sat at. Feel free to act accordingly. :)
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

OOC: Sorry old chap I missed that!

Caught up in his examination of the young lady who had entered, Corbin almost failed to spot the approach of the rather large man who hoved into view. The blond man dressed in clothes of a good cut and his voice indicated that he had had education. The accent was very much identifiable as a Citadel one, but his bearing indicated that his parents were most likely well off. Either that or the man was a very good actor.

Corbin raised his glass to the man.

"Corbin Dillon." He said, storing the man's name, though the family was not one with which he was acquainted. "And what brings you to the Burpin Dragon this eve Mr Du-Quild?" he questioned in a friendly manner.
Jayzen Du'Quild

OOC: No the apologies are all mine. I'll try to post more clearly in future.

Jayzen raised his own glass "Salute!", he said with a wink. Jayzen appeared to drink deeply from his glass yet in reality he sipped only a small amount of the wine.

"I'm just looking for fine wine and fine company. I'm waiting for a few friends this evening." he shrugged, "and if they don't show up I'll find some new friends." he said smiling.

He leant back on his chair feeling confident, one hand stroked his hair into place, the other hand dipped underneath the table and emptied his wine goblet onto the floor. His hand came up again and Jayzen feigned to drink deeply from the empty cup. "Hmm lovely beverages they have here my friend. Drink up and I'll buy you another." he urged, waving the waitress over to buy another round.

I'll get this pigeon so stewed he won't even notice when I rob him blind, he thought slyly.

"So tell me my friend what would bring a gentleman such as yourself to the Burpin'?" he quizzed.
Prudence Combs

Post by Prudence Combs »

Prudence loved the way the men looked at her; especially the one from the hansom black haired, blue-green eyed man. She combed her hair back behind her ears with her fingers, before smiling seductively at the him. Prue then turned back to the bartender; "well, you can tell me where I can find madame Zolda, this is the right place to look for her isn't it" she replied.
Corbin Dillon
Noble Apprentice

Post by Corbin Dillon »

Corbin watched the man intently as he appeared to quaff his drink. He quickly reassessed the man. He may come from a family that could afford education, his voice gave that away, but perhaps they were of the nouveau riche for Corbin did not know many other of his circle who would quite happily throw a glass of wine down their throat.

"It appears that you shall be thwarted in one of your aims." Corbin observed drily, referring to the speed with which Jayzen drank his wine - it had to be bad to drink that quickly. "However, you have found company which, if not fine, I trust is at least palatable." He said with modesty.

Deciding to oblige his companion, at least for now, he swallowed down the drink he had. He could tell it was not the most alcoholic of beverages, though the taste was quite inoffensive.

"As for my presence, well it was the first drinking establishment I came across, and thus when I sought such a place out again it naturally sprang to mind. Having few acquaintances in Citadel I was not burdened with any other commitments and so have been observing the fare." He said, again drily, as he cast a quick glance at the various ladies in the inn.
Tristam

Post by Tristam »

Prudence

The barman paused a beat before breaking out in an amused smile. "You're looking for madame Zolda?" He chuckled. "I can't imagine a pretty girl like you has many worries about the future. Just a moment."

He ducks down behind the bar for a moment and comes back up with a piece of stiff parchment about the size of a playing card. "I don't hold much stock with it myself, but she pays us to give them out." With a shrug of his shoulders, he hands the card over to her.

The front of the card bears the same crystal ball image Prudence saw on the poster in Herald Court. There were some words written inside the ball but she could not quite make them out. The back of the card bore an arrow pointing up and the number 7.
[size=100]

Shel Silverstein[/size]
Jayzen Du'Quild

Jayzen noticed Corbin's change in demeanor and placed himself on caution. I'm trying to reel in the fish too quickly, he thought. I need to change tack, and sort out some of my other goals whilst I'm at it

Jayzen waited for the waitress and at the first opportunity ordered two rums for himself and his new companion. "I'm here on a mission, friend
Corban. You see my father has been missing for some time and I'm following a lead here, by the name of the Countess Cabernet. She said that I could find her here, yet this certainly doesn't look like the kind of establishment that a Countess would care to stay." he sat back, gazing at Corbin.

"Have you met this Lady before?" he asked.
Prudence Combs

Post by Prudence Combs »

Prue ignored the barman's chuckles, she didn't care much for small talk especially from a dim-witted man like him. She looked carefully at the crystal ball image, the number 7, the arrow and the tiny words which she could not quite see.

Prudence stared deeply at the piece of parchment in her hand. What could this mean?; where is she?, what does this writing say?. she looked back to the bartender confused, "what does this say, were is she?" Prue said in a puzzled tone pointing at the tiny writing.
Last edited by Prudence Combs on Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Inner City Archive”