Arvana's Quest: Through the Swirling Hole [Samheen 18th]

Moderator: Mods

Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Arvana's Quest: Through the Swirling Hole [Samheen 18th]

Post by Maeve »

Darkness. The heady smell of sage, and some other herb. Arvana's head hurt. Swirls of mist in the Kona's eyes. So demanding.

The Adhiel felt herself being hurled across the Aether with incredible speed, lost in an endless stream of thoughts, seeing stars, and strange swirling colors.

And then something went wrong. A loud noise. A curse. An incredible force pulled her body in different reactions. It was as if all the thoughts in her head would explode.

Then silence, and a soft breeze on her face.

OOC: This is the continuation of Rimehold: Arvana ( https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.php?t=7307 ). A Roque moderator will take it from here. Have fun!
Last edited by Maeve on Sat Jan 08, 2005 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

As the darkness settled in, and the smells aroused her nose, Arvana felt her body tighten up as if thousands of tiny needles were being injected into her body all at once.

One minute, she is in total darkess, and the in another, stars and strange colours were swirling all about. Closing her eyes, the young Adhiel tried to shut out everything, only to find that her eyes were already closed.

All at once, things went even more wrong. Arvana threw her hands up to her head, to stop the pounding. Then, the breeze hit. Unsure on whether to open her eyes, or keep the glued shut, she prays.
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

Ellena couldn't have explained what had happened if her life had depended on it - one minute her mind was her own and the next ... she could only do as she was bidden.

Drawn towards some kind of swirling portal, she fell into darkness and found herself hurtling through an inexplicable vastness of stars and colours until there came a strange sound and she thought she would be pulled apart by an unseen force.

Than it all stopped to be replaced by silence.

Stunned by what had happened, it took some time for the young woman to recover enough to open her eyes. But, as a soft breeze blew her hair back from her face, she finally looked around, fearful of what she might find.

Post by Guest »

The pair found themselves splayed on a shoreline. The sky was clear, and the air was warm, though a slight chill could be caught from the wind as it blew off the ocean.

There was noone nearby, though fishing boats could be seen out in the surf, and a row of docks and buildings were off in the distance with people milling about doing their day's work. It was hard to tell from this distance, but one or two seemed to have stopped to look on in curiosity at the two women stretched out on the ground. Roque d'Ancourt was not known for its tourist beaches.

A gull lighted on the ground near them, just out of the tide's reach, and cocked his head as he looked the two over. It sounded off, its cry sounded rather like a question.

Already they had begun to send out ripples, even if they were minute.

Post by Guest »

Arvana finally opens her eyes. Beside her lay Ellena, a friend she has made from Dort. "You ok?" Her voice is low and soft.

She looks around her, trying to get her bearings striaght. Seeming impossible, she just stares out to the water. Boats were making their morning runs.

Standing, she opens her hand in Ellena's way, intending to help her up as well. "Do you know where we are, or even how we got here?"
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

As Ellena looked around, her green eyes quickly taking in their surroundings, her fingers ran through the sand on which she sat. A feeling of deja vu washed over her as she realised she was on a beach in a strange place with little idea of how she came to be there - though at least this time, they had been spared the trauma of a ship wreck. They just seemed to have ... arrived out of no where.

They - at least that was one good thing and her relief was immense at finding she was not alone. She turned to find Arvana also trying to work out where they were and nodded a little unsurely in response to her question.

"I ... I'm ok, I think." she said as she found her voice again. "You?"

Reaching up, she took the hand offered to her and was duly pulled to her feet.

"This ending up on strange beaches seems to be getting quite a habit with us." the redhead said wryly, still looking around. "But I don't know what happened or where we are."

Post by Guest »

Without warning, there was a terrible cry. "Eeyhaw!" The nearby gull bolted into the sky in a frenzy, flying down the shore jeering loudly. The cry came again. "Eeyhaw!"

"I know, furry-face, I know," came the dry voice of an old man. "I seen it, too! Or maybe I didn't see it, too." It belonged to a fellow standing not far off from the pair of girls. He had half a head of stony grey hair, clothes that looked half decrepit, and he was halfway along with a stubbly beard. The source of the noises were the two donkeys he had in tow.

"One moment there's nothing," he said to the lighter colored of the donkeys. "The next, why, two young women a'planted there like beached bottom feeder fish!" The darker donkey flattened its ears on its head, looking rather distressed. "Oh, man up, you," the old man reprimanded, nudging its neck with his elbow. "We're just seeing all kinds of new things today."

He - and his donkeys - focused again on Arvana and Ellena. Neither the old man nor his animals made any further effort to speak. Instead, he simply stared on with a bemused expression, presumably waiting for something else interesting to happen.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

Startled, Arvana jumps back at the sound, trying to determine the source. Turning, the young maidan spots a strange being, probably one of this area standing with what appears to be donkeys. He looked scrubby, and more then likely not a person she should associate with, but this was a matter that needed attending too.

Arvana opens her mouth to speak, but thinks better of it. Still having a bit of difficulties speaking, telling about what had happened, or what seemed to happen, would be a challenge. The open water seemed to push at her, giving her a queasy filling.

Looking at Ellena and the man, she gives what she hopes is an apologetic smile, and sits herself back on the sand. Folding her legs infront of her, she closes her eyes, placing her head in her hands. There is still a trace of the swirling colours, giving her a headache.

<I>Hopefully, Ellena will take the intuitive, telling the stranger what had happened,</I> the adhiel thinks to herself.
Last edited by Guest on Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

The silence dragged on for several moments, until it was broken by one of the donkeys snorting loudly. "Well now, is something the matter with one of you?" the old man asked, as though on cue. "Can't you speak any? Don't you know where you are?"

Without waiting for an answer, he gestured his arms out emphatically. "Roque d'Ancourt! Commerce capitol this side of th' Mouth! Or at least, that's what one of the nobles would say." With a knowing glance, he nudged the darker of the donkeys with his elbow. "But we and I know a little better than that. Yep, lived here most of our lives, if I remember correctly."

Again, the man paused and watched the pair a moment, then put his fists on his hips with a huff. "Well, then, who are you? And how is it you come popping out of the air like lightning? I don't know that I'm particularly concerned about it myself, but someone's sure to be!"
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

Ellena watched the man with the two donkeys warily as he approached - she wasn't sure whether to be worried or relieved. On one hand, they needed to find out where they were but, ont he other hand, how would they explain how they had come to be there? And how could they be sure that engaging this stranger in conversation was even a good idea?

Seeing that Arvana was sitting down again and not looking quite herself, Ellena turned hesitantly to the stranger, momentarily lost for anything to say. The man before them was obviously growing impatient and as he began questioning them, Ellena could only latch onto one thing.

"Roque d'Ancourt!" she exclaimed, finally finding her voice. "Is that where we are?"

She took a moment to digest that information, a worried expression on her face at once again finding herself in a foreign place, but she then turned back to the stranger hurriedly.

"I apologise for forgetting my manners," she began a little shyly, though she was more than a little preoccupied with trying to think of an explanation for their sudden appearance. "I'm Ellena and this is my friend, Arvana. I ... That is, we ... Well, I think it's safe to say that we're a little ... lost."

Post by Guest »

"Ellena and Arvana," the older fellow repeated. "A pleasure to meet you both. Lost you say? Well then, you're in the right place!" He raised a finger in triumph, before his features took on a suddenly puzzled look, and it lilted down again. "Or, well, I don't suppose you're in the right place, or else you wouldn't be lost. But I wouldn't say you're in the wrong place, either..."

The lighter of the two donkeys grunted, interrupting his pondering. "Oh, right, right," the man answered. "This is Eeya. And this," he continued, gesturing to the darker donkey, "is Muddy. Oh, and Dowd is me." He laughed cheerfully, scratching the back of his head.

"Now then, I've gotten lost before," he added, nodding his head sagely. "In fact, I'd say I'm rather good at it. But I've never just popped into lost, I usually have to walk a ways to get there. However did you pair manage it?"
Last edited by Guest on Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

(OOC: Sorry, got caught up in RL)

Arvana manages a small shrug, but smiles slightly. "I no idea HOW we got here. I only know we are here. Any suggestions?"

(Short and sweet. Sorry, I cant post anything long on this computer, it freezes.)

Post by Guest »

Dowd bore a puzzled look, and glanced between Eeya and Muddy as though they were murmuring thoughts. "Well now, I'm not sure what to tell you." He folded his arms across his chest and gazed upward, pondering. "I can tell you that noone else will know what to tell you, too. Quite a few extraordinary happenings have become ordinary, lately, but this is the first time I've ever heard of women out of thin air."

Dowd reached behind his head and scratched vigorously. "People sometimes complain about women appearing when least expected," he babbled, "or when least wanted, but never before just...appearing." The dusty old man stared hard at the pair. "And you don't know at all how you got here? Hm, I suppose that makes sense, since you didn't even know you were here until I told you."

He threw his arms out to the side. "Oh well! As I said, don't know what to tell you, but you can certainly walk with us until you figure out what to tell yourselves."

Post by Guest »

Arvana smiles, accepting the offer. Holding Ellena's hand, she feels like they both need comfort.

"Excuse me. Can we find somewhere to sleep? I tired, and Ellena seems tired. Is a tavern around?" The young adhiel looks up and down the beach. Tired from the sudden popping and poofing, the faster they can sleep, the better for them both.
Maeve
The Dragon & Game Designer

Post by Maeve »

OOC: quick reminder that we'll have a sync event on sam 20th this weekend. Please have your threads for the 19th posted before saturday, dutch time.
You are recommend to take a long nights sleep on both nights, start with three threads one of which on the 20th (anything you started you can finish, and you don't have to wait for a mod to start a thread).
[i][b][color=orange][size=92]Smile and carry a big stick.[/color][/b][/i][/size]

Post by Guest »

Can I just post a thread for the 20th ans just say that we slept the two night and such. That way I dont need to make a thread and just say that we slept, then make a new one :P

Post by Guest »

OOC: High Ghosty's had to take a hiatus, I'll be your mod from now on.

IC:
"Tavern, Tavern", Dowd repeated, the second time to Muddy (who snorted almost in derision), "Yea I get ya Muddy". Turning to the ladies he continued, "Only place near here is the Cliff Inn, above the docks, a fair old walk from here, and mayhap a bit rough for two gentle ladies like yourselves. Other places are nice, but in the town, even further to go".
Eeya made a small noise and nudged the old man who looked at him a little quizzically and then turned to the two ladies, "If ya that tired I have a hut just off the beach, got a room out back, even has a bolt on the inside.
It'll probably take ya a couple of marks to get to the Inn, only 10 burns to the Hut, just follow me if ya want, or carry along the beach towards the docks".
With that the old man turned to his animals, "Come on then, fresh hay it is", both snickered in pleasure and began to follow the old man inland up a dune. When he reached the top of it the old man looked back to see if he was being followed, then continued on his way.

Post by Guest »

Arvana takes her time in following the man and his donkeys. Her whole body seems to hurt, more then likely from the odd travelling she had down a few minutes earlier. exhausted, she just cant wait to get somewhere and sleep.

(OOC: I have been waiting for Ellena to post. It seems she is inactive at the moment, so i guess it is just you and I. Welcome! Sorry that my post is short, I have been super busy with a musical at my school...)
Last edited by Guest on Wed May 11, 2005 2:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

OOC: ok, we will assume she is with you to the hut, then work on something from there.

IC:
The trek to Dowd's hut was in fact just a little under 10 burns. After climbing up and down what must have seemed llike the same dune a few times, there nestled between a large dune and the cliff was this hut. A small fence marked an area around it, and up against the cliff a large Lean-to with hay and other items, where he took the donkeys. "There ya go you two I dunno what ya like best, going out for a walk or coming back here". Both donkeys snickered almost in laughter at that and then began to drink water and eat hay from the troughs.
Dowd turned to the girls, "You too are dead beat, that I can see follow me". He led them into the hut, which open walking in looked a lot bigger on the inside than from the outside. It was filled with all sorts of paraphanalia from the beach and surrounding areas and just had the one window at the front to let in light. Dowd walk to a shelf and took down an oil lamp, shaking to check it was full he quickly lit it. On the far wall were two doors, Dowd led them to the right hand one and opened it, ushering them in. "There ya are, look a bolt on the door as I said", He swung the lamp around to show the whole room, the size of which again seemed more than it should, there were no windows so the lamp was needed. Piled around were bags of hay and various boxes.
A hook was tied to a knotted line coming down from the ceiling, Dowd placed the lamp on this, after adjusting the line lower so the ladies could reach the lamp.
"You'll have to make up a bed using the sacks of hay if ya don't mind and", he paused for a moment rummaging through the boxes pulling one out, "there are blankets in here, old perhaps, but clean".
He stepped out of the room and moments later came back with some bread and water which he placed on one of the boxes, "Right I think your be ok here, I'll leave you too it, just come through when ya feel ready".
He turned and left and halfway through closing the door stopped as if in afterthought, "er if ya should here a few odd noises, take no mind, it;ll just be me doing some work". With a final smile he shut the door and his footsteps could be heard walking away, and the ladies were alone in the lamp-lit room.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

OOC: Well I am monitoring this thread now. So feel free to post.

What has not happened in a while it seems.

:twisted:
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/

Post by Guest »

((Ooc: I have been extremly busy with school work lately. School is almost finsihed for me, and all the teachers seem to be piling it all at once. Give me a week or two, and I should be back! Welcome! I have had over 4 different mods, so a new face is welcome!))

Post by Guest »

(ooc: I'll post something, just to get this going again.)

Holding Ellena's hand tightly, Arvana drags herself across the land following Dowd's footsteps closely. Once at the shelter, the adhiel watched as the old man brough the donkies to their home. She waited patiently as he pet each one and then walked back to them.

Inside, Arvana took in her surrounding, as not to get disoriented in the morning. It looked like a washed up, old beach-house; cluttered with various items. Only one window could be seen and the man lit a oil lamp to add more light to the room. In the room Dowd offered to them, Arvana started making a bed for Ellena, who hadnt said a word since the beach. Once that bed was made, a little lumpy perhaps, she helped Ellena lay and then covered the poor girl up.

After a few more minutes, the young maiden had finished a bed for herself. It was a little more well done, having just previously finished one. Removing her boots, and items from on her back, she climbs into the hay, and uses the last blanket to cover herself up. Within minutes, darkness slid down over her mind.
Ellena Moliere

Post by Ellena Moliere »

(OOC: Long time, no see! :oops: I'll spare you the details and just blame the pesky thing that is the real world! :wink: )

Had it not been for Arvana's hand in hers, Ellena would never have made it to the hut at all. All the upheaval, and not just the most recent occurences, were finally taking a toll on the young woman and her mind just seemed to have temporarily shut down, leaving her dazed and feeling completely drained.

Barely registering her surroundings, she merely followed Arvana's lead, doing as she was instructed and finally lying back obediently on the makeshift bed of the Adhiel's making as warm covers were thrown over her. Instinctively, she curled up beneath them for comfort and warmth and even as sleep overtook her, she began to regain some of her old self, feeling guilt that Arvana had had to cope alone and graditude towards her companion.

"Thank you ..." she managed before succumbing to sleep with the final hope that things would look brighter in the morning.
Gwayne of Vendeling
Tazlure Supporter

Post by Gwayne of Vendeling »

OOC: Well, RL had some very late challenges :twisted: So sorry for the late posting.

Besides that I did have a meeting with Syrawenn about the story. So now is all set.

This shall be the last post in this thread :twisted:

It shall go on in

https://tazlure.nl/board/viewtopic.p ... 178#130178

So feel free to post your response there.

IC:

The darkness was deep and traveled far into dream world. Then the sound of a huge gong slammed though the air leaving a time of silence behind it.

Arvana and Ellena woke up with a shock and a the darkness filled with cold wrapped itself around them for what felt for hours and hours.

When it finally stopped the atmosphere of there resting place seemed to have changed dramatically.

The surrounding sounds of little ratlike creatures scurrying around and water dripping all around. The moist and dense air carried the smell of well...... sewers.
The Goddess is at my side, until she decides to leave me...

Posting on possible days Avatar from our lady Finley.. a mistress of capturing dreams and nightmares in word and pictures.
http://pixieface.deviantart.com/

Return to “Roque d'Ancourt Archive”