The Citadel Harbor [Entrance, Samheen 28th]

Moderator: Mods

Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

The Citadel Harbor [Entrance, Samheen 28th]

Post by Amber Kynterle »

The port of the Citadel was clearly added later, after the ancient ones finished building the city. It forms a small section just outside the concentric circles that form the city, with docks and warehouses dominating its looks. This port is the main port of the entire Empire, hence all tradehouses have their headquarters here.

There are, of course, several shipping docks, including the infamous Outlaws’ Warf. Day in to day out, an abundance of life comes into and leaves the docks. The Docks bring the world to the Citadel and makes her economy thrive; without them the Citadel would parish. The Docks serve for many purposes. Business at the docks is like clock work and there is an almost continuous stream of traffic between them and the city.

As ships approach they are directed to a slip at which time passengers may disembark. Looking down the rows of ships, there a many different types, brigs, galleons, schooners, all proudly resting in the water waiting to sail off to the next port of call. All except one. At the front of the pier, sitting proudly at the first slip rests a ship whose keel hovers feet above the surface of the water. An airship, she proudly flies flags of the Western Kingdom, from where she is the first to journey on a mission of trade.

The gates themselves are a scene of barely controlled chaos. Peddlers, beggers, sailors, and drunkards seem to mill about with no rhyme or reason. Those who had heard of the unparallelled efficeincy of the Ceaser`s Purple Guard who ran the gate are suprised to find it now run by the Blue Tabarded City Guard. Many of the uniforms are mismatched and stained, and the guard themselves mix an air of resignation and contempt as they question each person attempting to gain entry. The area in front of the gate is nearly always croweded. Still with enough patience, or a couple of well placed elbows, it is possible to get to the front of the line.

Krys Genouix is on duty at the gate today, and the irritable Achadhiel has already worked up a temper, despite the fact that it's only late morning...
Cowgirls Exotica's "Queen of Hearts" - 2008

-

Post by Guest »

" Ahh!" <b> Mordeen </b> breathed in deep, sweet scent of herbs and sea salt as he hauled what little possessions he carried with him. " Now, where was I?" The human's clothes was lightly crusted from the salts of the voyages, but he hardly even noticed. The hub of the docks was astonishing, even though he came from Dort it always surprises him about how many people could live in one area. A knavish smile broke across his face, his mind raced as of all of the possibilities that could happen here. "I'm going to love it here."

<p> After clumsily moving his way through the busy byways of the harbor, <b> Mordeen </b> approached the multicolored guard with uneasiness plastered all across his face. <b> Daffsik </b> looked down at himself and began to brush the sea salt from his mediocre brown clothes. After tending to his clothes, Mordeen looked up at the guard and smiled nervously," H-hello, sir." <b> Mordeen </b> stammered. "I just arrived today, sir. I would be h-hoping," Mordeen paused, deep in his gut, he felt all twisted inside from nervousness." Sorry, I must have ate something that didn't agree with me." <b> Mordeen </b> held on to his side, faking a pang of distress. Smiling, weakly, the human arched his back and rubbed his stomach," Ahh, all better now. I was hoping you could point me to where I could stay for the night?"
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Krys Genouix was already in a foul mood for it being so early in the day, and being called a sir certainly didn't help her out anymore. "Keep moving," she shouted at a hapless traveler who got caught in her way too long. She gave the man a shove to move him on his way. She approached Mordeen as he neared the gate, hands on her hips.

"Sir, huh?" she replied. "Now, I know I'm wearing armor, but come on, they're not that hard to see." She glanced down at her chest, making it clear as to exactly what she meant. "Wanna try again?"

She got momentarily distracted as another traveler bumped into her. "Gerroff of me you fool," she muttered, pushing him away. "Gah... who knows where you've been. Move along, move along..."

She looked to Mordeen again. "Well?"
Melody McMassey

Post by Melody McMassey »

Melody straightened the red rose behind her right ear, and wiped her long brown hair out of her face. She was glad they’d arrive in the harbor of Citadel in five minutes. She looked at the sea. She hated sailing... it messed up her leather clothes and boots. She felt her lunch coming up again. She bent forward, and her lunch, and the other things inside her stomach, splattered into the sea with a disgusting sound. Another reason she hated sailing... she always became sick aboard ships...

She stood up straight again when she was finished emptying her stomach into the sea, and straightened the red rose behind her right ear again. She looked at the Citadel harbor in front of the ship, and guessed she could walk the good, solid land again in five minutes.

Melody grabbed her black leather backpack, and closed her black Robe. She walked towards the boarding ramp, and waited until she could get off the ship. In a few seconds, she’d have dry, solid land under her boots again.

Melody pushed the two sailors who laid down the boarding ramp away, and walked off the ship with an arrogant look on her face. Citadel... finally... She started walking towards the gates.

She raised an eyebrow when she saw the chaos in front of the gates. She sniffed the air with an indignant look on her face. The indignant look on her face changed into a disgused look when she smelled something very, very dirty. Like something was rotting... she tried to ignore it, and started moving through the crowds with a lot of good (and painfully) placed elbows. She was a McMassey... a McMassey don’t wait until it’s their turn... they make sure they’re always next.

She walked towards a... strange looking guard with a strange coloured armor, with the normal arrogant ‘I am much better than everyone here’ look on her face. She wiped some dirt off her black fancy boots, and raised an eyebrow at the female guard. “You... be a good peasant and tell me where I can sleep for the night. I’m not planning to sleep in the mud like all you peasants do...”
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Krys was so intent staring down the new fellow that was trying to get through the gates that it took her a moment to notice that another woman had shoved her way to the front of the line and was demanding entrance and information. She glanced at her for a second, smirked - openly smirked - and glanced back at the man. She deliberately counted for a full minute, waiting for his reply, and making the woman wait. She'd seen Melody's kind before. People who thought they were better than everyone else, thought that the rules didn't apply to them.

Well, this woman had something coming to her, that was for sure! No one got special favors on her watch!

But finally, it seemed that Mordeen was preoccupied with something else, so she sighed and shook her head at them. "All right, until you can figure out what gender I am, you just stand there and ponder it for a bit. And when you're ready to answer me, I just might - might - answer your question. K?"

She shifted over to stand in front of Melody, moving with exaggerated slowness and crossing her arms confidently over her breasts. "You know," she said casually, her voice calm, though her eyes were hard and angry. "It's a really good thing I don't know you, because you're a real bitch, and bitches and I don't get along too well. Last bitch that called me a peasant got a spear butt to the gut, and a faceful of mud. And then I let my less scrupulous male partners 'assist' her in cleaning herself off... of course, they had to 'help' her remove her dirty clothing as well. All of it. I'm sure I can arrange such helpful service for you, too, if you really want."

She grinned wickedly. "Now then, before you can enter this town, you've got to learn your manners. One thing you need to understand, is that my name isn't 'peasant.' My name, as far as you're concerned, is 'Ma'am.' Got it?"
Melody McMassey

Melody raised an eyebrow. Why did some people always reacted so... strange? Okay, she knew she acted like a bitch, but she was a wannabe assasin... people wouldn’t suspect a real bitch with a fear for great heights and an even bigger fear to get dirty once the killing started.

She laughed arrogantly, and crossed her own arms in front of her breasts. “Wait... you’re gonna tell me you’re a woman? Please... you’re no woman... you’re just a peasant with an ugly armor. And I don’t take threats and insults kindly, so why don’t you just walk back to the mudpool you belong in?”

She felt sorry for this person, but she had to behave like a bitch... but she wouldn’t take insults like that.

“So either you’ll let me walk through these gates, *peasant*, or your male colleagues have to get you out of the mud, and ‘assist’ you with washing and stripping. So move!”
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

For a long moment, Krys just stared at the other woman. Most didn't keep up their arrogant attitude after the first exchange, realizing that mere bluster wouldn't get them very far. Nevertheless, Krys wasn't intimidated. She'd seen and dealt with far worse. And being called a peasant was really starting to annoy her. And not a woman?! There were plenty of people who could say quite differently, and had firsthand experience with that fact, she thought smugly.

"'Fraid I can't do that," she said calmly, her eyes taking on a decidedly dangerous light. "Let you walk through the gates that is. Everybody that comes through here has to do three things. First and foremost, bitch, you've got to show proper respect to the guards. After you manage that task - which, apparently, is a bit too complicated for your limited personality to handle - you need to tell me who you are, and finally, why you're here. Then, and only then, I decide whether or not to let you enter."

Movement caught her attention to her left, and she glanced over to see one of her male partners holding a bucket of water and grinning at her knowingly. Krys nodded, and the man started dumping the water out onto a large patch of dirt in the road, slowly creating a "random" mudpuddle.

She looked back at Melody. "Got it?"
Melody McMassey

Melody raised an eyebrow, and looked at Amber. “Listen, miss Piggy. I’d hate it to hurt a pretty face like that, so let me pass. You’ll get into more trouble than you’d probably able to handle.”

She moved her hands into her robe, and crossed them again. She’d be able to grab her dagger if she had to, if she had both her hands in her robe.

“You don’t know who I am, don’t you? Listen to me, and listen to me very carefully. You’ll regret it if you don’t let me into the city. You might end up hurt... or dead, if you continue behaving like a bitch yourself. So be a good peasant, and let me in.” She smiled with her arrogant smile again. “Now move it, you pig!”
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Krys' own eyebrows rose, though she didn't look particularly surprised. She didn't miss it when Melody slipped her hands into her robe, and neither did a couple of the other guards, although they didn't move just yet.

Krys moved fast as lightning, faster than Melody could counteract. With her hands in her robe, she had no way to fend off the female guard. Krys grabbed one of Melody's arms, pulled it out of her robe and bent it painfully across her back. At the same time, one booted foot kicked Melody's legs out from underneath her, and suddenly the human girl found herself face down in the dirt with Kry's left knee pressing painfully down into her back.

"Now listen here, you little wench," she said softly in Melody's ear as she bent over her, yanking on her arm painfully. "I don't take too well to threats. I'm in charge here. I don't care how rich you are, or who mommy and daddy are, or how good you think you are with whatever weapons you've got hidden in your clothes here. There's only one thing you need to know. When you walk up to this gate, you ain't shit! Now, do we have an understanding, or will I have to strip search you myself, right here in front of all these people?"
Melody McMassey

Melody spit some mud out of her mouth. “Get off me, you pig. Try to strip me and you’re dead.” She tried kick the pig off her back. “You made a big mistake. I’ll make sure you’ll end up as a cheap whore after this. This was your last day as a peasant, you hear me? Your last day.”

She cursed at herself. Here she was... lying in the mud... the fear of every Muchisle peasant... Melody McMassey... but this pig would pay. “You whore... get away from me, and let me into the city. NOW!”
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Krys couldn't help but laugh wickedly as Melody tried to kick her. Unfortunately for the downed human girl, she had no room to get any momentum behind her kicks, and Krys was wearing armor anyway. The blows had absolutely no effect. "You're gonna make me a whore, huh?" she said as she ground her knee down harder. "Big words, cunt, especially for a bitch who's about to get displayed to the whole town."

Disturbances at the gate weren't uncommon, but this one was showing promise. People were gathering around curiously, newcomers and citizens alike. Krys was well known for her ways of dealing with rude visitors, and everyone wanted to see what would happen.

Krys roughly yanked Melody's arm up over her head, then grabbed her other wrist, and brought them together, holding them against the dirt with a strong, gauntleted grip. She then reached under Melody with her other hand, sliding it down over the Human girls breasts firmly, one at a time as she searched. Her hand slid on down to her stomach and hips, finally finding the hidden weapons and pulling them out. She tossed them to one side, where one of the male guard picked them up.

"Need any help, Krys?" he asked.

"Hell no," Krys said as one hand slid back up to Melody's breasts, 'just to make sure.' "This one's all mine." Making sure to keep Melody's hands firmly held above her head, she started undoing her robe with her free hand. "Don't say I didn't warn you, bitch," she whispered in Melody's ear.
Melody McMassey

Melody started to panick a little. The crazy peasant actually meant it? But she already had all her weapons... well... except her beauty, but she couldn’t take that away without facing the consequences.

“Don’t call me a bitch... and why are you undressing me? You already have all my weapons. Stop this immediately.” She tried to break free, but she failed. “If you have at least a little honor down that fat body of yours, you’re releasing me now, take off that armor, so we can fight about this like Human Females... or... whatever you are...” The arrogance disappeared, and made place for anger. “And if you touch my breasts with that dirty pig hands one more time, I’ll break them... you’ll never be able to use those diseases infected claws again.”
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

Krys seemed unfazed by Melody's words, and continued pulling her robe off, now sliding it down past her shoulders to the middle of her back. "I'll call you what I want, bitch," she whispered wickedly. "And I'm undressing you because I said I would, if you didn't do what you were told. See, everyone who comes through here learns a lesson, and that lesson is, you do what we say. We are the law here. If you don't listen to us... well," she shrugged, "what happens next is your fault."

The Achadhiel shifted her position briefly, yanking Melody's robe down to her waist, making sure to slide her hand back up to her breasts one more time. "Too bad I don't have you all by myself in my room," she breathed in the girl's ear. "Then we could have some fun. Now," she went on, "this is your last chance. Address me appropriately, and give me the information I want, or I strip you all the way, show you off to the crowd, and then my male companions help you get all this dirt and mud off of your naked body. Understand?"

OOC: Melody, see the PM I sent you please. :wink:
Melody McMassey

OOC: Oh, Melody is wearing a black leather doublet, and black leather leggings under her robe... she’s not exposed to the crowds... yet... :wink:

IC:

Melody still tried to get away from Krys. “What information do you want, for heavens sake? Get off me you whore, maybe I’ll review the entire situation, and maybe you prove worthy of my attention...”

Melody spit some mud again. So she wanted some fun with her in her room? The bitch was asking for it... she’d make the bitch beg for mercy once she was done with her...

She laughed arrogantly. “Oh my... you really are an honourless whore. Get off me, remove that armor, and fight honest this time...let’s prove you’re worthy.”

Melody almost immediately continued. “No wait... I’ll give you that information...” She tried to free her hands. When it failed, she started talking. “I’m Melody McMassey, daughter of the... trader Mangus McMassey. I came to Citadel because I hated the luxury I had back on Muchislie. I hate it to wear dresses, and I wasn’t planning on doing that my entire life, so I fled... to freedom... to make my own fortune, like my father did...”

She became angry again. “Happy now? Who-... I mean... Ma’am?”
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

(OOC: Ok, thanks for the info, I kinda forgot what she was wearing aside from the robe. :roll: )

IC: As Melody started talking, Krys stopped her efforts to strip the other girl, and listened intently. When she was done, the Achadiel guard hesitated, then sighed in disappointment. "Damn," she muttered. "I like the feisty ones. They're always the most fun to play with. Too bad you caved in too soon. Well, don't worry we'll see each other again pretty soon I bet. One with your attitude is likely to get kicked out of the city again, and then I'll see you on the way out." She sounded entirely too pleased about that idea.

She stood, letting Melody go, but she didn't make any move to help her get back up or pull her robe back up. "You better not be lying, bitch," she said. "If you are, you'll regret it. Remember, the Citadel guard is everywhere. If need be, I can find you again. Now get up and get of my site." She sneered. "Oh, and you might want to wash up when you get a chance too. You look like a peasant whore."

Laughing, she waved Melody on, a causal wave of dismissal, and moved on to the next hapless traveler who wanted to enter.

(OOC: Melody, it's time for you to move on to another thread, as Krys has decided to let you through the gate. If you want, you can post your response to Krys' latest actions here. Then you can move onto another thread. PM me to let you know where you'd like Melody to head next, and we'll see if we can't get a Citadel Moderator lined up to continue on with you from here! :wink: )
Med

Post by Med »

Penth stepped off the ship with akk the unsteady legs of a new born fawn. Immediatly heaving over his breakfast off the side of the dock. Groaning and holding his stomache he looked around the dock.

Wow what a nice place! This is soo swell! I bet Rathien will just love this place. Well niether of us could find a job in World's Mouth, But I expect great things in the future! Boy oh Boy!

With those thoughts the young minstrel collapsed to his knees again and started hurling more of his stomache contents to the water.. By the end of the trip he had become kind of accustomed to it though. Looking around he sought out that elf girl he had come with oblivious to the fact that he might actually need to do formalties for entering the city. After all a bard went where he wanted to like a tumbling weed.

Wiping the remnants of his recycled breakfast from his mouth he grinned foolishly at others and waved a humble hello, stating fast replies to any unusual stares he might recieve with.. "Don't mind me Mam, I'm training for my next performance!" and such as "I was just looking for my purse!"

Then the thought struck him. What if Rathien had got lost? What if the elf had been eaten by big fish or crabs that only eat people with pointed ears?

Oh my! There could be gajillions of those around here! Crab eating elves are probvably waiting at every dock!

Frantically he started crying her name out while jumping up and down waving his hands.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.

Post by Guest »

As Rathien stepped off the gangway she let her eyes roam and take in her surroundings. "hummm, I wonder where Penth has run off to?" She thought to herself. sighing she decided that she must find him now before he gets himself into trouble.

At that very moment she heard her name being shreiked, her head snapped around spotting Penth with a silly grin on his face. Rathien glared at him wishing he would stop with that screaming.

Quickly she walked down the gangway to where Penth was "Shhhhh! You will attract to much attention ." Rathien glanced over to whre the guards were standing hoping that they would just stay where they were. "
Med

Post by Med »

Penth grinned a bit foolishly at Rathien. As obviously she had not been eaten by the large elf eating crabs yet. Listening to her with little dreamy eyes he rcalled a little bit of past talks of Kislovan and that she had been from there, and he knew a little bit about the place himself.

Yet still shy towards girls he gulped down his throat, barely taking in her words, as he was certain for a flicker or two she had been eaten by the crabs.

"Ummm uhhh crabs?" he stuttered out briefly not realizing he was staring. Then reality started to snap back in.

"Oh there are guards here! They must be the ones keeping off the crabs! You're right we shouldn't call to much touble. they must be defending this place every candlemark from those elf eating creatures! Boy oh boy I am sure glad they are here. Why this one time on the caravan I was cooking this soup.. and then someone was fighting.. and I found this rock. Now you might think every rock is like any other but this rock was special. I really don't remember how, but it was pretty nice."

With that the young bard scratched his head in thought as he had just lost himself as well as probably his companion.

Then Penth's own measure of importance took over.

"We need to find some food! I'm starving! We could go look in the alleys or maybe find a tavern. I sing for food pretty swell! And sleeping on the street isn't too bad. Matter of fact this sea air probably makes any stench go down wind! This is going to be great just like I told you.. An entire island of opputunities!" he blurted out like a chirping chipmunk.

Excited, anxious, the bard was almost filled to the point of explosion with enthusiasm. Unfortunatly it was not enthusiasim that came out next as his queesy stomache poured out it's remains at Rathien's feet.

Penth frowned in total embarassment at the mess between them.
There are two ways in life everything can go. Think about consequences and what doing bad will reflect on your future and vice versa. Karma is the mantra of life.

Post by Guest »

Rathien looked at Penth with a weary eye and wondered how this young bard managed to get this far without someone killing him.

"Penth you must calm yourself, we need not eat from the alley way nor stand down wind of the stench as you so gracefully called it." Her eyes narrowed as penths face paled.

Rathien had no time to get out of the way as Penth lost what was left of his breakfast on the ground at her feet. " UGH! PENTH!!" She almost screamed, but got control of herself quickly. She glanced at her boots, then back up to Penths embarrased expression. "No worries friend, they were old boots anyway." she gave him a quick smile and turned towards the gates.

"Come now Penth we must approach the gates to go any further here, you stay close to me now, no running off, throwing up on someone elses shoes, they may kill you." she said with a gruff voice.

With that she turned away from him, and walked towards the gates.
Grey Wolf
Furry Game Designer

Post by Grey Wolf »

It was a bad day for Krys, but then again every day was bad for her. She was already worked up when she got that morning and that bitch that called her a peasant merely served to add some fuel to the fire. Tucking a lock of hair behind her ear she looked up pleased to see that the line was dwindling looking forward to some much needed rest. Just a couple of burns was all she needed. Just a little bit to calm her nerves as her head felt like it was gonna exploded. Her face was slowly getting dirty from all the dust the newly arrived travelers shook up with their feet, and worked up as she was, Krys was sweating quite a bit. Slightly mussed up she was quite a sight to behold.

Then a new ship arrived and all she could do was groan. The enrty process could not be sped up, and even if she could she was not about to do so. As much as it was torment to her, it was a torment to the others and they deserved to suffer, because she did. It was her that greeted Rathien as she approached the gates. Krys was not a bad looking woman if one took some time to actually look at her. It was the armor and uniform that hid most of her physical attributes, even though some of them showed quite nicely. It was her ever present scowl that hid the rest of her beauty with a rather old scar on her cheek finishing

Thus it was that with a deep sigh, she resigned herself to yet another foreigner getting on her nerves. "Name, occupation, place of origin and purpose of visit? Come on, I ain't got whole day. Are you going to call me a peasant too so I can teach you some manners?" She was not pleasant. She was not even trying to be pleasant. Maybe Rathien would mind. Maybe she won't. Krys did not care. The other guards simply smirked and prepared for another show. Even a couple of men dressed in purple tabard with blood red palms on their chests came closer with wicked smiles on their faces.
The diplomacy is the art of saying "Good dog", while you are searching for a big rock.

Post by Guest »

Rathien stepped up to the guard, in doing so stepping in front of her adventerous companion. She whispered over her shoulder "Penth be calm now." Her eyes returned to the approching guard, taking in the weary look upon the adheil's face. The scar caught her attention more than the weariness, Rathiens own hand touched her cheek where her own scar was present from her adventure with the pirates.

The sudden question, not prefaced by any greeting, caught the young elf by suprise, she gave Penth a look that told him to keep silent.

Her eyes narrowed and met the guards "I am Rathien Fiondra Cuthian, I have no occupation, And i am from Kisloven, the purpose of our visit is to find work." She stated flatly.

Rathien paused for a flicker " I would no more call you a peasent, then I would call my own kin a thief! I am someone who knows manners, and respect. My friend and I would like to be allowed to come into the city, to find food and lodging and possibly jobs for the both of us." Rathien kept her eyes on the guard, hoping she would just let them be on their way. She wanted not part of a fight not now and not for this reason.
Med

Post by Med »

The young minstrel followed Rathien up to the guard whistling blissfully as he nodded to her lips moving. Something about being quiet, blah, blah, blah. He was pretty sure there was a couple more blahs but he lost count as he strolled behind her.

Penth listened closely to the exchange between the guard and his companion. Keeping his ever bright smile on his face the entire time.

Oh she seems like she has been having a bad day indeed! That's no good! A little cheerfullness always helps the blues go away! Hmm that and skipping rocks, counting clouds, and a few other things..

Poking his head around his elven companion he gave a big wave of greeting to the gate keeper.

"Why hello there. I'm Penth! Ohhh someone called you a peasant today? I've been called a peasant before, well that and a few other things, but really I am a bard.. Sometimes a cook. I think I also picked vegetables one yaeren. But I would definitly not mistake you for a peasant mam. Why you have a swell uniform and obviously are a guard with a very noble job! Any fool can plainly see that! I can plainly see that myself!" Penth blurted out in rapid sucsession.. pausing only to take a fast breath before he continued.

"Oh yeah you asked where we are from. I'm from King's Court, but I have visited lots of places. Why this one time we were on this caravan and we fought some orcs. They were pretty scary mind you. Ulder learned to use a sword though and we got alog swell. He even joined our musical band when we got to that elf city. I was kind of scared of the elves too at first, but they really liked it when we sang for them and this one guard lady smiled at me and talked for awhile. I forgot her name, but she was pretty nice. Have you ever been to an elf city? You really should sometime. Your city looks very nice from out here though and the breeze is rather pleasant! Where are you from by the way?" the young minstrel was talking so fast one might think he would turn blue in the face as he went, yet finally he stopped with a friendly almost pupy dog type grin on his face.
Dianissiya E'Dorian

Post by Dianissiya E'Dorian »

The open seas....

Dory had not expected to fall in love so quickly. The endless blue-green waters reaching the horizons and blue skyes above. What could be more beautiful? Only the night, that lights a billion diamond in the dark sky, as they shine over the almost perfectly calm waters....

Breathtaking.

Dianissiya was still under the impression of last nights views, gazing around the docks with a bit of a dreamy expression. The place seemed quite usual, just like any other port in any other big city. And even so, she had still always found docks interesting - mainly for the people. Oh there had always ben crowds around and some personalities were most curious for their un standard appearances. Usually mostly foreigners have attracted the attention of the young adhiel, but now she had become one herself.

As her thought's drifted in different directions mostly focusing on the architecture and weather or not she lost her documents, Dory suddenly realised that she was almost at the gate, standing right behind the young human chatting with the female guard. He was acting a bit silly though, at least to Dory's view. Or were all those from the Western Continent like that? Could be, her uncle did always say they had an odd but terribly interesting culture.

The young woman smiled to herself patiently waiting her turn, quite curious about the outcome of this little "conversation". The guard didn't look as though she was in the mood.
Amber Kynterle
Adventurer

Post by Amber Kynterle »

(OOC: Taking over as Krys again! Just got back from a 12 day deployment, yuck... Anyway... thanks for playing Krys for me Grey Wolf! :D )

"Well, it's about time someone in this damned line showed some manners," Krys started to say to Rathien, when the young man following her started... gushing. She just gaped at him for a moment, unable to believe how much he was saying so fast. She could barely follow most of it, but she caught a few things. "Oh... my... gods," she said finally, looking back at Rathien. "Does he always talk like that? He should be an auctioneer, not a bard..."

She trailed off and her eyes narrowed a bit as Penth mentioned a certain "Ulder." "You knew Ulder, huh?" she commented, with a bit of venom in her voice. "Too bad you didn't bring him with you... wouldn't have minded a go at him myself. Hell, at least it would be something to do in this damned place besides listen to people like him," she nodded at Penth, "yammering at me all day long.

"All right, well, get on through the gate. Good luck finding jobs though. Not sure people will keep you around for very long if he's taking along," she said to Rathien. She leaned in and whispered conspiratorily, "I'd suggest 'dropping him off' somehwere as soon as you can." She just gave an exasperated shaked of her head at Penth and waved him through as well.

It was then that she found an Adhiel woman standing in front of her, waiting to pass through the gate. She looked young, and was definitely not unattractive. Krys felt her interest perking just a bit as she held out a hand to stop the newcomer.

"Hey," she said to Dory. "Name, occupation, place of origin and purpose of visit? Gotta answer that before I can let you in. And don't try lying either. We don't take very kindly to Adhiel who want to get into trouble around here."
Last edited by Amber Kynterle on Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest »

RAthien looked at the guard and lifted a brow " Indeed my young bard companion does have the gift of speaking far to much" Rathien said with a hint of humor in her voice while glaring at her companion. "he is useful if you would like to sleep, his endless prattle will do just that." Rathien gave the guard a slight bow of the head, Thank you for allowing us into the city, Penth come with me now." Rathien shook her head and continued on with Penth trailing after her.

Return to “Outer Ring Archive”